Dog Bite Injuries
Las Vegas Dog Bite Lawyer
Willoughby Shulman Injury Lawyers is a trusted and experienced personal injury law firm that handles dog bite injury claims in Las Vegas. If you have been the victim of a dog bite attack, you may have sustained serious injuries that could have long-lasting repercussions. After an animal attack, there are many questions to be answered. What is the cost of my medical expenses going to be? How long will I be out of work? Do I have a case against the owner or keeper of this vicious animal? Willoughby Shulman Injury Lawyers has provided answers for many injured victims in Nevada. Our legal team has successfully represented clients who were seriously injured in dog attacks, resulting in generous settlements and verdicts. We aggressively pursue maximum compensation for our clients.
What to Do if You’ve Been Bitten by a Stranger’s Dog
If you have been bitten by a stranger’s dog, you should take the following steps:
Seek medical attention. It is always important to seek medical care after any injury, but it is especially important when you have been bitten by a dog. The bite may cause infections and other complications that can be treated with antibiotics or other medications.
Document the incident and your injuries as you will need to collect evidence for your personal injury claim. Take pictures of the bite marks and your injuries as soon as possible after being bitten by a dog. You should also write down all of the details surrounding the incident, including where it happened, who owned the dog, how long ago it happened (if known), what kind of response your attacker gave to you after biting you (if any), etc.
Finally, call the law offices of Willoughby Shulman Injury Lawyers at (702) 852-6688 for help with filing a personal injury claim against whoever owns the dog that bit you
Who Is Liable for a Dog Bite Injury
In Nevada, the law may impose liability on a dog owner for a dog bite based on the totality of the circumstances surrounding the bite or attack. If those circumstances demonstrate that the owner did not properly control or supervise their dog, they could be held responsible for any resulting injuries.
The following are examples of situations in which an owner could be liable for a dog bite injury:
- The owner knew or should have known that their dog had bitten someone before and failed to take reasonable steps to prevent the same thing from happening again;
- The owner knew or should have known that their dog was about to bite someone, but didn’t do anything to stop it from happening;
- The owner allowed their dog to run free without supervision when it bit someone; and
- If someone brings suit against an owner for a dog bite injury in Nevada, they must establish two things: (1) that there was a breach of duty by the owner, and (2) that there was causation between this breach of duty and their injury.
How to Avoid Dog Bite Injuries
As a dog owner, you’re responsible for the safety of others around your pet. You may be surprised to learn that there are many ways to avoid dog bite injuries, even if your dog has never bitten anyone.
- Always ask, “May I pet your dog?” before approaching a dog that is not yours. Dogs can feel threatened and defensive when approached by strangers who are unfamiliar with their body language or behavior. If the person says yes, slowly present the back of your hand first for the dog to smell. Then slowly offer it some treats as an incentive for letting you approach.
- Do not run toward a dog.
- Never bark or growl at a dog because this type of behavior can cause them to become aggressive in response.
- While some breeds may be more prone to biting than others, all dogs have teeth and they are all capable of biting humans if provoked enough.
- Never leave young children and dogs unattended together because young children may not understand how to interact with dogs appropriately yet and could put themselves at risk for being bitten by accident.
Why You Need a Dog Bite Injury Attorney
If you have been the victim of a dog bite, you may be worried about how to handle the situation. If you have been injured by a dog, it is important to understand your rights and what steps to take next.
A lawyer can help you initiate a claim against the pet owner for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You should also consider contacting an attorney if your injuries were serious enough that they will cause long-term effects on your life or if you have suffered significant financial loss as a result of being bitten by a dog.
If you have been injured by a dog bite and are considering hiring an attorney, contact Willoughby Shulman Injury Lawyers today!
Were You Injured By a Dog? Call Willoughby Shulman Injury Lawyers
If you or someone you love was injured by a dog, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A lawyer can help you initiate a claim against the pet owner for these things, and many more.
Our Case Results
Commercial Trucking Collision
Slip and Fall
Motor Vehicle Collision Passenger
Motor Vehicle Collision
Commercial Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall
Motor Vehicle Pedestrian Collision
What We Mean By “Every Client Matters”
Everyone has dealt with poor customer service. It is a universally frustrating experience. No one likes to spend money on a service that makes life harder, rather than easier, or feel ignored.
Sadly, it is a common complaint made against personal injury attorneys. Clients’ feel they are taken for granted, especially if they do not have a million-dollar case. At Willoughby Shulman Injury Lawyers, we do things differently.
We believe every client matters and deserves individualized attention. No matter the size of the case, either Eric Willoughby or Steve Shulman will handle it personally. You will not be passed off to an associate.
We also believe it is important to be able to reach your personal injury attorneys. That is why every client can call, text, and email directly with Eric and Steve. Your case matters to us and we are here to help.
"Steve and Eric have represented several of my friends over the last five years. All of them have been thrilled with the results and the customer service. They are the best in town!"
"I am so happy and grateful for Steven and his team. They worked hard on my case, got the hospital and doctors offices to lower their bills and he even lowered his fees to make sure I got more money than the firm. I am very satisfied and would recommend this firm for professional good values and more. Thanks again for everything."
"I was completely overwhelmed after my car accident and choosing Willoughby Shulman was the best decision that I could’ve made. They guided me through the entire process and my outcome exceeded all of my expectations. They were always available to answer my questions, returned my calls promptly, and kept me updated on the progress of my case. I have the highest respect and appreciation for them."