Pool season is upon us!
As the weather warms, people from all over the world will be traveling to Las Vegas mega resorts to enjoy some relaxation time at the pool. Unfortunately, there are dangers at these hotel pools and thousands of people fall victim to these hazards each and every year, with injuries ranging from minor bumps and bruises to catastrophic injuries, and even death.
Please keep in mind the following when you are at a swimming pool this summer.
- Pool Depth: Make sure you are aware of the pool depth before you jump or dive in. Pools depths must be clearly marked. Failure to warn of pools depths can result in catastrophic injuries.
- Entrapment: Every year people are injured when they become unable to free themselves from the strong suction of a drain cover. This can result from a problem with the design and construction of the pool and drain cover. Be aware of your surroundings and stay away from these potential hazards.
- Inadequate Pool Lighting: If the pool light is not functioning properly or not working at all, swimmers will be unable to judge the depth of the pool and identify other hazards. If there is an issue with the pool light report it immediately.
- Slips: Slip and falls are going to happen on the pool deck area if the deck does not contain slip resistant flooring. Be cautious when walking around the pool.
- Proper Supervision: A Lifeguard may or may not be legally required at the swimming pool you visit. Regardless, it is important to keep an eye on friends and family when at the swimming pool to ensure everyone is being safe.
If you are injured at a Las Vegas resort pool there are steps you can take to improve your odds for fair compensation.
- Notice: It is crucial to notify a hotel employee and fill out a written report as soon as possible.
- Gather evidence: If possible take pictures of what caused your injury and the surrounding area. Try to get the names and contact information of any witnesses and note the names of any employees that arrive at the scene.
- Medical Care: If your injuries create a medical emergency seek immediate medical attention. Otherwise, seek treatment for your injuries as soon as practically possible. When you see the doctor explain to her how the injury occurred and be sure to explain all of your symptoms and the areas you feel pain.
- Contact a reputable Personal Injury Attorney. You can reach us at 702.852.6688.
Stephen M. Shulman, Esq.
7785 W. Sahara Ave, Ste. #101
Las Vegas, NV 89117
Office: (702) 852-6688
Facsimile: (702) 852-0308